This guide explains how to get a DrayTek Vigor 130 and Google Wifi working together.
DrayTek have designed the Vigor 130 ADSL / VDSL2 modem to be hassle free, and offer BT SIN498 complaint firmware. The modem part offers automatic zero touch configuration of the phone line. When using with Google Wifi with the Vigor 130, the port used also runs a DHCP server to enable easy access to the web management interface. This confuses Google Wifi. In order to fix it you need to turn the DHCP Server off. To do this:
- Connect a eithernet cable from a laptop or desktop to the Vigor 130
- Login at the default ip http://192.168.2.1
- Login to the management interface (default: admin/admin)
- Use the management interface to turn off DHCP as shown below:
a) LAN > General Setup
b) Disable Server under DHCP Server Configuration
c) Press OK
Now, change Google Wifi to use PPPoE. If you have not set the router up before continue to setup, select PPPoE when prompted and follow steps 5 and 6.
- Open the Google Wifi app .
- Tap the Settings and actions tab > Network and general.
- Under 'Network', tap Advanced networking. WAN.
- Choose PPPoE.
- Enter the acount name as: email@example.com
- Enter the account password as: BT
- Tap Save.
Your DrayTek Vigor 130 Modem and Google Wifi will work together.